Saturday, July 30, 2005

Live Life King-size!

Saw Anand for the ... ummm... I have lost count. There has never been a movie like that and probably never will be. Makes me so emotional every time I watch it. I keep silently praying that the voice on the tape at the end is not that of a tape, but that of the the live Anand.


Poem in The Evergreen Classic Hindi Movie ANAND. Recited by Amitabh Bacchan

Maut tuu ek kaviitaa hai
mujhse ek kavita ka waada hai milegi mujhko

doobti nabzon mein jab dard ko neend aane lage
zard sa chehra lekar jab chaand ufaq tak pahunche
din abhi paani mein ho, raat kinaare ke kareeb
na andhera na ujaala ho, na abhi raat na din

jism jab khatm ho aur rooh ko jab saans aaye
mujhse ek kavita ka waada hai milegi mujhko


And those immortal lines spoken by Rajesh Khanna at the end (that makes me cry every time I see the movie) :


Zindagi aur Maut Upar wale ke haath hai Jahan Panah ...
Hum Sab to rang Manch ki Katputliyan hai...
Kaun Kab Kaise Uthega... Yeh Koi nahin Jaanta.. Ha HA HA HA...

So many things to learn in life from that one character...

Current Mood: Zindagi Kaisi Hai Paheli...


4 comments:

enigma said...

Anand's one of my all time favourite movies..I almost watch it every week.. have a CD of the same.
Its a very well made movie. Very beautiful picture of human emotions. Also, the songs, the dialogues...everything about it is so faultless.
As you have written it makes me emotional too every time i see it... few movies do that to me.

Kishan said...

I havent seen that!

Will see it ASAP...Hrishikesh Mukherjee is beyond doubt a great director...

Kishan said...

pratap,
yaake Break hakidhira??? Swalpa gaadi mundhakke odisi! :D

Anonymous said...

actually the movie has quite an influence on me. Anand thara jeevana maaDo prayatna onnondh sathi maaDidhini... eg talking freely and casually to complete strangers!